Tuesday 18 June 2013

Open Studio

The value of old fashioned publicity: the printed leaflet.

I have just taken part in the first weekend of Saffron Walden Open Studios and had a marvellous time showing people round my studio and garden.    


Handmade cards of original acrylic sketches from my sketch book


The studio with cottage garden in front- a mix of vegetables, flowers and some sculpture thrown in the mix.


Some of the paintings on display in the studio


Looking through the wisteria, Acyrlic.  One of the pictures that sold this weekend.


As a recent (and enthusiasitc) convert to twitter, facebook and blogging I was surprised just how effective the old forms of publicity still are.  Taking out the people who are my longstanding supporters and friends the majority of footfall (and some buyers) came because they had picked up a good old fashioned printed leaflet which Saffron Walden Arts Trust had had printed so smartly.  So many of the people who arrived had obviously studied the leaflet and chosen their route and made the effort to find us, clearly with out the use of SATNAV or an iphone.  I thank them even though I am sure they will never read this it was a delight to meet them all.  So printers don't give up!


The well produced leaflets,


complete with handy map for those of us without an iphone!

Unfortunately I can not open next weekend but lots of the other studios are open again.  I do hope that the leaflets continue to attract visitors.  If you would like to visit my studio please visit my website and contact me through that.  Many thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment